Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Can you see #51? That's my youngest son. He has decided to play middle school football this year. Me, I'm not sure about all this.
He has been running (or conditioning) as he calls it, this past summer. Getting up in the early hours of the morning to run before it became blistering hot. He has endured practice for the last three weeks in the early afternoon hours (in the blistering heat) to get ready for this football season.
I'm not sure that I can sit in the stands (quietly) and watch other boys hit and run over my boy. Does anyone understand that?


The other players may see this: This is what I see:
Y'all better not hurt my baby. I might have to come up outta those stands and get you. Can you even imagine the embarrassment I could cause him? LOL!!
Hope you all are having a blessed week.!












6 comments:

Melissa said...

With all that gear, he's gonna be just fine! I always pictured Chris as tough!!!

Shelley said...

Oh he is tough alright. It's his mama that might be the problem. LOL

Unknown said...

I completely understand my son played football from 5th grade to 9th grade and I felt exactly as you do!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jane said...

I totally know how you feel. When my younger cousin played for the varsity, I felt like protecting him from all the blows in the court. It's hard to enjoy the game, but he really wanted it so we can't do anything but support him. I hope you get to enjoy the games soon. Congrats to your son for making it to the team.

Nana said...

Ha ha, YES. Been there, try to control yourself.

CaraBee said...

One reason I'm glad I have a girl, I don't have to worry about the violent sports. I HOPE.