Friday, August 1, 2008

In the wee small hours of the morning

Hello everyone, what? Why am I whispering? It's after midnight and everyone else is asleep.

Okay, so I really don't care if everyone else is asleep, but I am tryin' to be nice. Ole Ouisa does have some redeeming qualities.

Okay, I have always been a country girl. Born and raised in a very small town and lived in an outlying community that was even smaller. And recently we relocated to DH's youthful stomping grounds. Let's just say that I'm having a little bit of trouble adjusting to how quiet this place is at night......No, let me rephrase that. The dadgum crickets won't shut up around here. I can hear them over the fan that I bought to drown out that sound.

Good news though, my mama and my daddy came to visit me today and are spending the night with us. I just love my mama. I miss not being right down the road from her. All she has to do is move on over here, I'm just sayin'.

We all went shopping together today and then we took them out to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse this evening. Might I say, that the eats is good there.

I know that when they leave to go back home tomorrow I will be sad, but I will see them one day next week when I go to pick up the child that they are carrying home with them.

My little ole cousin is fixin to have a baby in about two weeks......its her first one and she has caught the gestational diabetis. So, this kid is gonna be a whopper probably. I called her today and the OBGYN told her he was already over 8 lbs. YIKES!!!!!!! And she still has two weeks to go before her due date.

I am trying a new strategy with my middle child. Each time he gets angry about something that we have said or done, I am just going to say to him, I love you. Come give mama some love. And see if that works on turning his little showdowns around.

I'll keep you posted on how that's going.

Hey did you all notice that I finally figured out how to put the Secret is in the Sauce logo on here. And my tunes? It was all thanks to karin at 6byhisdesign and her wonderful tips. Shout out to her, YOU ROCK. Thanks. I appreciate the help.

3 comments:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Oh My Gosh - My FIL's FAVE song is at the top. He's from the backwoods, I mean someplace small, in Florida, too. Transplanted to MO for work when my husband was 2 weeks old.

Tarpon Springs.

And thanks for the props! Good luck with your little attitude, I mean son.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

and oh my stars - I love your address! You're funny!

Vote Ouisa

Caroline said...

I loved your URL too. Ouisa is so crazy. She should be president. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I would love to hear how the "I love You" think pans out with the middle child. We do tend to have a bit of a rebelliousness in our blood. Keeps things exciting.