Friday, August 22, 2008

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head

Rain, rain, go away, come back some other day........


It has been raining now for three days. Schools closed early yesterday and did not even open today. I have been trapped here in this house (except for the time I had to go grocery shopping) and then I was trapped in Wallyworld and spent almost 200 dollars. I'm not sure, but I think I saw a man with a water hose on the top of the store.

So, with Thing 1 and Thing 2, I decided to wait it out in the lobby of this wonderful shopping experience.....got tired of it after 5 minutes, put up my multi-colored umbrella and literally blew across the parking lot. Lots of fun to see a woman shaped like Madea flying across the parking lot. All I could do was hang on to my umbrella and holler "Get out of the way" "I can't stop it"
I almost flattened a woman and her child, I hollered, "Jesus just saved your life, Hallelujer".

I will be glad when this bidness is over with. My do just ain't up to all this humidity.

Oh, did I tell y'all I finally went and got the pedicure my DH got me for my birthday? Well, it was quite the experience. My nails are now polished in a shade of "I'm really not a waitress red" I don't understand that name, but it shure is a pretty red color. Something old Flo from Mel's diner,,,,,,oh wait a minute, I get it now..........

Hope you all are staying dry.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Do you have your comments emailed to you? I hope so. I just commented on your Aug. 1 post, just in case you didn't know.

Okay, I can just see you in the WM parking lot clapping your hands at said Madea Lady. Proceed giggling my precious Shell. You're killin' me. Love you, sister.

Laura Marchant said...

You just made me giggle out loud picturing you in the parking lot. Too funny!