Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another Day In Paradise

I just wanted to share someone with you. If you have not already done so, stop by www. melissabotley.blogspot.com or better known as Another Day in Paradise. She is playful and funny and will certainly make you think deep thoughts (some days). She is a mother of three beautiful children making her way one day at a time and has some pretty good insights along the way. I've posted one of my favorites below, stop on by and see her, she'd love to hear from you.


Bunny Hugger
Most of you don't know my husband from anyone, but a bunny hugger he is not. He can hunt deer with the best of 'em. He must be getting soft in his old age. He runs in the morning and made a furry discovery on his travels today. I took the kids to school this morning and went grocery shopping. I arrived home to find this on top of my REFRIGERATOR!

Can I just tell you how disturbing this is on so many levels? Notice the purple bin that was formerly used for toys and now has the carcass of a bunny. On top of the refrigerator. Where I am going to unload our food. That we eat. Anyone coming for dinner tonight?
***Update on the bunny for the inquiring minds. The bunny has perished. My husband, in his best efforts, tried to rescue Thumper (that's what we'll call him). He fed it water through a syringe in an attempt to hydrate the little guy, but to no avail. He now rests in peace in our backyard. Thank you for your concern and no, my husband did not just put a dead bunny on top of our refrigerator. He thought it may have a chance to survive. He was well intentioned.


To read the rest of this funny story and more just go on over and check her out.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the props, Shell.

Rhea said...

Looks like a fun blog!

Brandy said...

Hmmm, even though his intentions were good I would kill my husband if he did that!

Besides I'm the bunny hugger in our house.

Caroline said...

Love me some Melissa. She's the best. That poor little bunny. At least her husband had good intentions. My sister and I once found a severed worm and tried to tie it back together with a piece of yarn.

BTW, I absolutely love your profile picture. That is too funny!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I *heart* Melissa.

And Caro. For tying that worm together.

And the poor bunny.

And Melissa's husband - well, in an I read the blog post kind of way.

And chocolate.

That's all.