Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Monday.......

Wow. I have been living here now for a little over six months. And I'm finding out that I need to start letting go of my old doctors. I like my old doctors. I am comfortable with them. They know every nook and cranny of this gigantor body of mine and they have taken really good care of me in the past. BUT... they are all over an hour and a half away. I cannot be taking my children out of school for complete days because we have to have check ups. So, I have decided to let the past go. I am going to be scouring my insurance guide and the internet to try and find physicians, dentists, OBGYNs,dermatologists and so forth closer to where we are now.
Has anyone else ever had to do this? Why does this make me so sad?
Maybe I'm just feeling the Monday mullygrubs.....I don't know. Love to hear from y'all.

Have a great week.

7 comments:

LaFleur said...

I know exactly where you are at - I had some great doctors back home, and this move made it impossible to go back to them. We were fortunate that my husband's boss liked his doctor and gave us the referral. The new guy is amazing - I didn't think I could find someone better, but I have. I still need to find a dentist, and a place for a mammogram, but I will soon.

I will say that if you don't love the person you see initially, keep looking. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Shell, I feel your pain. I have had to do this more times than I care to share. Everytime we move to a new place......

It's not fun and it's draining, but just pray that the Lord will direct you to the right doctors. Who knows? Maybe you will like your new doctors even better. I will tell you that Dr. Lukowski is awesome for a GYN. His office is at North Florida Regional Women's Center. I go to his practice.

His website is michaellukowskimd.com

Laura Marchant said...

I had a hard time too when I moved an hour away from where I grew up. I finally let go and found out there are really good doctors in all places.

Southern Rose said...

We have to change doctors, dentists, orthodontists, etc. every 6 months to 2 years. And because of the way the military does things, for child #2 I had a different ob doctor with every appointment, and with all 3 births didn't even know who was going to be delivering until I got to the hospital. I am looking forward to being in one spot and getting to know fewer doctors. Have you asked m-i-l about her doctors? I think she said she really liked hers.

lynette355 said...

Had to do that myself. Moved to small town so was not a lot of choices here. Time to cruise the internet for your insurance info.

btw

It's my day!
It's my day!
It's my day!
I am so excited because
It's my day!

Happy Tuesday SITS-er

Tracy said...

Hey there my Secret Santa recipient, just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hope you have all been doing well.
Molly hasn't been doing so well, we're at the hospital now, she's feeling alot better so that's good.

Shanda said...

I always hate having to find new doctors. The best ones I have found are usually by word of mouth-I ask every girlfriend/mom/church member,etc. Get a few names that were repeated amongst them and then check to see if they take our insurance. Best wishes in your search!

I am praying for the family mentioned above as well...thanks for mentioning them...