Wednesday, January 7, 2009

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW....that is just so wrong!!!!

Okay, before I write my letter, please let me preface it by saying I KNOW that not all pet owners are this irresponsible and lazy. I am NOT trying to offend any pet owners, I just happened to have a bad experience this past weekend and am venting....

Dear Mr. Dog Owner,

This weekend while we were camping at the Ga. Veteran's State Park (might I say a beautifully appointed campground), I noticed that you were taking your beautiful jack russell terrier for a walk. And I was so impressed. You actually had this beautiful specimen on a leash, just like the campground rules state that you must.

Now, I love doggies. Most of them are precious and make me want them for myself. But, I feel it's necessary to remind you of a couple of issues.

#1. The park rules clearly state (just under where it says they must be on a leash) that you are responsible for picking up and disposing of their waste. Yep, you need to pick up their doodoo. I know that they even make special little baggies for this. And if that is too expensive, we all shop at Wally world and save the plastic bags.

#2. It's just common courtesy not to leave their waste around where unsuspecting people will step and slip in it. (My knees are just fine, thanks for asking. The rocks only dug 1/4 inch into my skin).

#3. The hygeine issue of children digging in gravel and getting dog doodoo on their hands is self-explanatory. (EEEEEEEWWWWWW).

I'm a live and let die kind of gal. I think that pets are something that everyone should have, but with them comes responsibilities whether you like it or not. I bet it would pi-- you off to no end if you stepped in waste that my pet left, huh?

Then, when we went to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, there was this man letting his dog poop on the grassy area of the parking lot and then he just walked off like he didn't see it happening. H E L L O!!! Where is your courtesy????

Okay, I feel much better now. Thanks for listening to my ranting about dog doodoo.

Have a nice day.

7 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Next time you should walk up to him at his camp site and crap by his door :-)

Laura Marchant said...

Well, tent door if there is no camper...you know what I mean :-)

Southern Rose said...

EWWWWWW to the nth degree! When we lived in California, our next-door neighbors (he was a military unit commander) had a dog who did his business in our yard each morning; he'd let him out the front door to run around but didn't watch where he'd go. Hubby and I debated on how to tell them, and I finally just went over and told them what their dog was doing and asked if they would come clean up the 10 or so piles he'd left for the previous 2 weeks. After that, they watched him trot over to our yard and came with a plastic bag.

Lindsay-ann said...

Oh No!!!
My husband was most displeased when he stood in some doggy doo in our front garden whilst fixing Christmas lights on our tree a few weeks ago. It's just not right when people don't clear up after their pets. Your are right to be angry. Hope your knees are ok.
Happy New Year.
Lindsay

LaFleur said...

I'm with you, though my neighbor in Portsmouth was not nearly as nice as Southern Rose's neighbor. My other neighbors and I tried EVERYTHING to get him to stop - including scooping the poop and depositing it on his driveway, in front of his mailbox, etc. Some people believe the rest of us are here to clean up after them.

Shanda said...

I'm so glad your knees are ok! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!! I often feel that way too...dog poop and cigarette butts...courtesy people!!

Wendall K said...

Dog Poop and people who toss their chewing gum on sidewalks, parking lots, park areas. I don't want to have to pick off or wipe off someone else’s DNA.