Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day to remember......

My bible instructs me to pray for our nations leaders. Notice it does not say, if you agree with or like or voted for these leaders. It says to pray for the leaders.

So today, and everyday, I pray for our newly elected leaders. I pray for our new president and his wife and their lovely children. I pray that he will seek God's favor and advice on decisions that he will have to make. I hope he does this without even thinking about it.

I pray that God will heal this nation and restore her.

No opinions, no jokes, no politics, just prayer for all our leaders right down to the local level. Please join me in prayer this day and every day.

May God bless the United States of America.....

11 comments:

Lula! said...

Amen, sister.

Julie said...

I concur

Laura Marchant said...

So true! We are all in this together.

Becky said...

Amen to that!!!

(Lula totally took my answer, but I put it up anyways, cause I mean it:)

RebeccaMom said...

I am with you, praying for our leaders, no matter what!

Carrie said...

You hit it right Girl!
God is the one in total control and praying for our leaders is definately what we have to do.

jkluginbill said...

So true! I pray daily for our leaders. When I hear people say that we need to pray for our new president I always add 'and all of our other leaders!' Very important. Amen!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Amen!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great post, God Bless America and its' leaders. Visiting from SITS.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Absolutely right!

bobbi said...

Thank you, I too am praying!