Thursday, January 15, 2009

Coward of the county.......


Hey y'all. That would be my nickname. Okay, we have not had the insurance and with all the stuff going on, we have not had the moola to have any dental work for any of us for several years. So, as soon as we got insurance and got our house sold, I made appointments for the kids and yesterday was the big day......it was pretty telling. They all three had their teeth cleaned and xrays. No big surprise that each of them is going to require some fillings. We have them all scheduled and all of them should be up to good in about four weeks. ( I just want to stop here and give a shout out to God for these blessings. Without His intervention, this just wouldn't be happening).

Now, DH already wears partial plates and does not seem terribly interested in going to this dentist. Actually, these dentists are brothers and they are fantastic with my kids.

Okay, I personally have not been to a dentist since I was eleven years old.....do the math....about 32 years ago. Can you even imagine what was built up on my teeth. In my defense, I had a really bad experience with the dentist who put the fillings in when I was eleven. Other explanation, I'm the biggest coward you can imagine. So I just have not gone back.

Well, I've just about worn a groove in the end of my tongue. That girl cleaned all the gunk and junk off my teeth and they feel so different, I just can't quit messing with them. I, also, will have to have some cavities filled, but they said all in all for not having any dental work in 32 years, my teeth were incredibly healthy. YAY for me. I guess I'll just have to get better on my flossing skills. She said that is where the cavities started for me. YIKES!!!! All this time and me fussing at my kids to brush and I never encouraged them to floss. Guess I'll have to rethink that whole plan, huh?

Well, enough bumping my gums (get it? huh? ) Pun definitely intended.

Hope you all have a great day.

4 comments:

Kori said...

Oh I dread the dentist. I hate going. I mean you wear braces for 7 years and you won't want to ever see another dentist in your life.

Laura Marchant said...

I can't imagine what that felt like after 32 years. The longest I have gone is a year and I can't stop feeling around in there.

Unknown said...

IHATETHEDENTIST!
I go every few years and they all but have to put me to sleep for the visit : (

The kids go, but I don't.
I know that feeling of new clean teeth and how your tongue cant find anywhere else to go

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great News about the dentist. I love getting my teeth cleaned, I know, kinda weird. Visiting from SITS.