Sunday, October 3, 2010

I mentioned in my last post that my favorite casserole was for a Chicken Cordon Blue type casserole. Well, several of you have asked for the recipe, so I'm gonna give it to you, right now.......
I'm sorry to say that I hand wrote this out and cannot remember where I got the recipe for it, I'm sure it was off the internet. So, whoever created this recipe, you ROCK, just let me say that, okay?
What you will need:

* 2 lbs of chicken breast - cubed
* Bread Crumbs
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup milk
* 8 oz. swiss cheese - cubed
* 8 oz. ham - cubed
* 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
* 1 cup milk

Whisk together the 1 egg and 1/2 cup of milk. Dip chicken chunks in egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs until thoroughly coated. Brown these in a little oil until golden.

Place chunks in a baking dish (9 X 13), add cubes of swiss and ham.
Mix cream of chicken soup with 1 cup of milk; mix well. Pour all over the chicken, swiss, and ham in the baking dish. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender and bubbly.

Really, this is a fabulous dish. This recipe takes a little time. If you are interested in a short cut way, look for the recipes on line that use stuffing mix.

I hope you all enjoy this yummy casserole. Anyone else got a recipe they want to share? I'd love to hear what your favorite casserole type dish is and to have you share your recipe with me.

2 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Woah! This sounds SO GOOD! I'm definitely copying this one down.

CaraBee said...

YUM! I'll be trying this soon! I am all about easy and delicious.