Thursday, October 7, 2010


This is my favorite time of year here on the farm. This is a picture of our front hayfield. It has been cut for the last time this year. I love riding around this place seeing and smelling the freshly cut hay.
The weather has finally broken and we only reached a high of 83 degrees today. I know, it's not cool by most standards, but after the oppressive heat that we had for so many days this summer, what a blessing it is.
The first calf of the season was born day before yesterday. I haven't gotten an opportunity to see it yet, but you can bet that this weekend, I'm gonna be spending some time riding through the ladies (as I call our cows) and trying to get a peek at this little youngster who was so anxious to get here. The ladies aren't supposed to start giving birth until the middle of November.
I love the new babies. Can't help myself.
I hope that each of you has had a good week and is looking forward to a restful weekend.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Totally agree. My favorite time of year is Fall. I love the smells, the colors, and, of course, the weather! I think it's just such a relief from the nasty, hot summer weather! That makes it all the more treasured.

CaraBee said...

What a wonderful view!

I saw a calf being born when I was a young lass and it stands out as one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Love the baby animals.