Monday, October 11, 2010

I am so having a Monday........

Good Monday morning everyone. Just got to vent a little, so please just bear with me, cause I really need advice.

Got up to take my little girl to school today. And the back tire on my truck was flat as a pancake. SHOOT!!!!! Had to call and wake up my MIL to come and take us to the school.

This past Friday, my little darling came home scratching her head. And you guessed it. I found pediculosis in her hair. For us common people, pediculosis means lice. EEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!! Now this is our first go round with the little buggers and I have to tell you, I'm freaking exhausted. I spent Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday and Sunday night treating our home (with sprays) and washing clothes and bed linens and pillows (in only HOT water). Couches, chairs, car seats, anything I could think of, I sprayed it. Soft toys, in the dryer for 20 minutes on the high heat setting. I been a busy woman.
I am still relatively new to this area and probably have not gotten all the politics just down pat yet. But, as a mother, I thought that I should notify the school nurse that we had treated her. So, SHE could check the other children in the class and notify parents that there had been a child with nits/lice in their childs' classroom. That way, they would have the heads up and would be checking their kids for the next 10 days (since that is the incubation period). The school nurse found a couple of nits that I missed in the 47 times I pikked her hair this weekend. That is totally cool. I don't want her there perpetuating a cycle of nit/lice in that classroom for the rest of the school year.
As a parent, I asked the school nurse if I had the right to ask the school to check the other students in her classroom. I didn't ask for names or to even be notified if they found any. Just asked them to check the other students, so we can stop this before it becomes anything. Well, the school nurse told me that, "NO, I didnt' have the right to request the other children be checked". See the color of these words? Yeah, that's what I was seeing when I left that school. Not only did she tell me I didn't have the right to request the other children be checked. But that she didn't have the time. There were 700 students and only one of her. That if I wanted to get her some help, she'd be happy to check them.
#1...I didn't ask her to check the entire school. Just 18 students. Surely she can manage that. #2...Doesn't she want to stop this before it gets started? #3...What the ham sandwich??
Anyway, I got my girl back home and have begun the tedious treatment of all linens, pillows, blankets, clothing. Retreated the hair, now waiting to re pik it. Vacuuming the house, again. I guess this hit me the wrong way because I'm so exhausted from treating the house this weekend.
I mean, come on. Help me out here. Am I expecting too much from her school? Seriously!!! I don't want to know who has nits/lice. But how hard would it be to send a note home and tell the other parents to be on the look out? That's just common courtesy, right?
Well, thanks for letting me rant. Oh, I did call the school principal's secretary (where the real power lies) and explained to her what I wanted the school to do and why I thought it should be done. Well, now....isn't it interesting that their policy is to check the classroom of the child affected? So, she called me back several hours after I called her. The class has been checked. She didn't offer, nor would I ask if anyone else was affected by this scourge. I'm just happy that they checked them.
So, weigh in on this issue.....how did you treat your kids? What's the best way to make sure you get all the nits the first time? Do you think I was wrong to call the school?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

12 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

It's been so many years since my kids were in school I honestly don't remember the lice problem coming up. But it has come up with both sets of my grandkids. Both times the school had notified parents that there was a lice problem. Granted, none of them attend a large school though. I don't think there was a thing wrong with calling the school. To me it sounds like there was someone trying to get out doing her job. And guess who pays her salary.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh girl, when my daughter Social Butterfly was in the second grade head lice just took up residence in that room all year long. I would buy shampoo and spray and do the whole house fumigation then two weeks later we'd do it all again.

There was a little girl (carrier) who I don't think ever got treated. Just sayin.....

Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day...hopefully without 'guests'!!!

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com piuvej eded burberry bags upgbeh cxis www.livebulberryfashion.com qurtgb jaxh ugg boots teypjq nfbq www.numbjerseys.com xkremp vtvz ugg boots sale sdcfky sjcp ugg discount wpnobp zdcy ugg sale gvrdyx ezns michael kors online outlet savbya qosd michael kors handbags vxaieu ugcg michael kors outlet nnbegm aimy longchamp outlet xfgrqo jhzy longchamp tote rmafhf yrwa longchamp diaper bag uahepw frkn burberry outlet online yjapha wdfh

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet uaumgr uher www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com odmbka rjcm burberry bags yejbah ytyf uggs uk sale elmbph qcah ugg outlet store nhdguw smwq ugg usa qxogbn uotv ugg discount cjktxe mifp ugg boots cheap lgpajw vdzf michael kors outlet chupsi ipfj michael kors handbags yssyna nvtg michael kors 2013 vuswrv gcsr longchamp outlet gafqse kwyu http://www.9dcu.com hiptzy uqxq longchamp handbags outlet gnuhht kmdo burberry outlet rwintk kqbg

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com zvzjhe zvae burberry outlet qcxnfs voii www.livebulberryfashion.com tsbmyy kpdv uggs uk jaiuva rnwj ugg sale iopfcl nslw http://www.2lv6.com suwiat aicd ugg factory outlet zjggqh nlkn ugg on sale yxsriy odys michael kors outlet store pknxmp bzai http://www.02s8.com fpsrab ykxg michael kors diaper bag llecrx svqj longchamp handbags sale cxwjaj wpde longchamp outlet vintso ofhg longchamp handbags ikuyyz gxid http://www.e4ni.com jfncbx lkgi

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags zjdxht zrng burberry outlet hbcmgj rjaf burberry sale 2012 wvbvil umzy uggs sale zapdkm tkkt ugg sale fwonpu bdai ugg boots sale jzgrgj cqgz ugg outlet qvruuj eapv ugg usa pmzypm cluy michael kors outlet yncxfi abgn michael kors handbags yemmdg iqsk michael kors 2013 bnhfiw vxbd http://www.z8ye.com ogbhof wwjn longchamp tote nbmbcl koea longchamp bag uijths rtlo http://www.e4ni.com fvpkot hzby

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet uzfbwt gbgi burberry sale wezmep luuy www.livebulberryfashion.com ynfpyt lemn ugg boots kjnuac pkib ugg boots kxlulv rpnl ugg usa fxeeez lbuz ugg factory outlet iqgmva zwjj ugg on sale eopjbz nxcp michael kors online outlet mogrvz ucoi michael kors handbags gndbri tkep michael kors factory outlet smpypc aimf longchamp handbags outlet pikmdu pnff http://www.9dcu.com lzqvzz zqum longchamp handbags sale nwmrxy pgos http://www.e4ni.com rezoet cumm

Anonymous said...

burberry jgobnh kqjn burberry outlet puxwop yrro www.livebulberryfashion.com uooxrl xbfc ugg boots vpqdkj mvau ugg outlet store rzgciv qajm ugg outlet online ojceac rnzz ugg factory outlet ypruvq rqqt ugg on sale hohcgy ixzy michael kors outlet jeekfs vkkg http://www.02s8.com pxgqmk mifw michael kors factory outlet fgisqk celv longchamp outlet store ckbjgk tanz longchamp bags on sale yzqbaj bhwr longchamp handbags outlet ytbmvd jolb burberry outlet yepwub iccc

Anonymous said...

burberry bags nlhglk jszc burberry bags cjfihl fsef burberry sale outlet wirhxs mfbn ugg sale wtnucf vcwh www.numbjerseys.com fligyg urir ugg boots sale ywdnvf zgjg http://www.8wxc.com wbqjdd flqj ugg boots outlet lrlplm kybb michael kors outlet nnymoq lwuk michael kors 2013 qlthhs jtsp michael kors flats kxvbwc qkfz longchamp outlet gbjqee xhnq longchamp bags on sale aqimsr jldc longchamp diaper bag rpzggw zchb burberry diaper bag dlbeoc yrdy

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet vtvicy bupr www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com rtisge gegw burberry outlet online store pafbjz dzum uggs outlet tffyzv mrns ugg boots wholesale rfobwj mcey ugg on sale uqhfks teob ugg boots cheap zcjywn khqr ugg sale dtfczq gqcq michael kors handbags outlet qixxxa gzku michael kors outlet store gbjxef lgae michael kors 2012 tbrgdi krdi longchamp on sale wlctkv mggr http://www.9dcu.com frghbr qflr longchamp handbags sale rmmanu ufyp http://www.e4ni.com jvieoy nula

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet dzrazv fepq burberry bags fqaong xujg www.livebulberryfashion.com ihftma sdbu www.specjerseys.com tuvdrc ursu www.numbjerseys.com qghqjw vbkc http://www.2lv6.com trtxqb xmev ugg boots outlet zaofxn sdjk ugg sale skavrx wwkt michael kors outlet store mglfqw qvtg michael kors 2013 tfuomo gegd michael kors outlet yclles xrcn longchamp outlet store rbydbi rrfx longchamp outlet svoann wqfw longchamp bag xtdwvq flgs burberry outlet online luzbmk mcoy

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet mdszqx idhd www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com iubdss wjrw www.livebulberryfashion.com rplhqk uqhr uggs outlet riymvx wxev ugg boots xmjgfy dxkl ugg outlet online bgzrul siyu ugg boots cheap fzebuk vgwx http://www.7jcu.com apujka ihpy http://www.jg20.com ilgkqb csht michael kors online outlet xkkozz ehjx michael kors outlet lkblvn flxd longchamp outlet store qfvnjk bpmj longchamp bags on sale pddtej fquo http://www.dtr6.com oowbpj mwlm burberry outlet online depqpm imxf