Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Today, It's official....
I finally received it in the mail today.....

the certificate for World's Worst Mom. I've been in competition for this bad boy for some time, but last night, I won it hands down.

I actually prayed for my boys' ball game to get rained out. I know, I know, I'm horrible.
I am so tired of being somewhere every afternoon of the week, that I cracked. I broke down and prayed for rain to fall from the sky so I could JUST.GO.HOME. and stay there a while.

Y'all I know, are shocked beyond imagining, but don't hate me because I'm better at being a bad mom than you. Got any stories you wanna share?

4 comments:

CB said...

OK I have seriously done this. I have felt bad in the past because by the end of the season I feel "SO DONE" and when the boys were little I used to hope they did not make it to the play off games. Horrible mom? I don't know - I think it is more Mom Who Needs a Little Sanity back in her life! ha ha

Laura Marchant said...

I am dreading the sports days. I really don't like being outside, lol

Karen said...

Hi, visiting from SITS.

We've all done that, trust me. I'm sure I'm going straight to hell for all the times I hoped something would be canceled.

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Please do not feel guilty. Any mom that says she's never prayed for a rainout is lying thru her teeth. Having said this, you are now not allowed to feel guilty about this EVER again. :) I have three sons and I have prayed for rain lots!! I've even prayed for rain aloud, in front of the son that has the game. Now if that's not in the running for Worst Mother of the Year then I don't know what is. :)

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/