Monday, October 12, 2009

Can you guess where I spent some time today? That's right. The Ortho's office.
Number One son broke his hand early Sunday morning. Nice. I hadn't been to this particular branch of their practice before and let me tell you, honey, it was grand.
My son was spending the night at his grandmother's (they have a very nice clubhouse she practically built for them this summer). He was running around outside after it was dark, tripped in a hole and fell and caught the edge ofhis hand against the clubhouse. Viola!!!! Six weeks in an extremely funky looking cast.
When the receptionist asked us if he had ever used their services before, he said, "No, but my brother has been here three times, so far". Yikes. I bout fell over laughing.
Do I have boys that are kin to their daddy or what?
I hope everyone is having a great week.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Oh no! I've never had a child break anything----must be good luck.

Hope all goes well----just visiting over from SITS....

Cluttered Brain said...

Came here from SITs! oh. Geez. Hope your son feels better now.
I LOVE your old lady with a bikini. It reminds me of Maxine. Cool.
Like your blog.:)just sharing some of the SITS love!

Kristin said...

Bless his heart! Last night my son was standing on a box. When I told him to get off, he tried to jump but ended up slipping and fell backwards on his hand. He cried for a long time (so unlike him) and he's still barely moving it this morning. It's not bruised or swollen so I'm thinking it is just sprained. Boys, I tell ya!

Tam said...

OOOO NO! Well I am sure he thought is way cool after the cast was put on and all!