Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hello, my name is Ouisa

and I'm a whiner. A complainer. An unhappy person. Someone who thinks that everyone is out to get me. WHAT?????

All this time, I thought I was pretty content with my lot in life. Apparently, not.

They say the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. So, okay, someone close to me told me these very things. And it floored me.

Yeah, I act somewhat like Ouisa Boudreaux from Steel Magnolias. I didn't mean any harm, truthfully.

Now I may have to go into therapy to get my smile and self esteem back. Man what a blow.

Anyone got any tips for recovery from this disease? I guess I can use all the help I can get.

(After all, everybody in Chinkappin Parish would give their eye teeth to take a whack at Ouisa).



3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm a self-confessed whiner and complainer. I will join you in your quest to recovery.

With your giggle and smile, I don't know who this person is, but I want to have a word with them....:) We all have our bad days, Shell. You are human.

Lula! said...

Two words: Happy Pills. Otherwise known as Effexor. Or Lexapro. Or Wellbutrin. Or Prozac.

That's all I'm saying. This time of year I rely on God first, then my Happy Pills. Seriously.

jill jill bo bill said...

How mean! You are not a sad sack!!! Maybe they are jealous. I gripe and moan all the time, but I am laughing when I do it. usually. Shell, seiously, don't let someone convince you of that. Just kick her ass. Then you will be happy. Or I will. One of us will. Just kiddin'. Don't really hurt her. You'll go to jail. Then you WILL be whiner. I love ya!!!!