Sunday, July 11, 2010

Life is never dull around here........

Thursday evening (around 7:30 ish), I decided that it had cooled sufficiently to have a go at mowing around the house. I know this may sound weird, but I really do enjoy being on my mower. It is not quiet, but it is a peaceful thing. (I know, bonkers, right?) I have time to not worry about anything, just cut the grass and let your mind wander and roam where it might.
Yeah, until my 8 year old lets a bloodcurdling scream go. I peed in my pants and nearly fell off the mower. All you moms know the kind of scream I'm talking about.
Apparently, she and my 12 year old son thought it would be "okay" to play tackle football IN.THE.HOUSE. After all, I was mowing the yard: Safety First!
He tackled her and then landed on her right wrist with his big ole knee.
YEP, you guessed it. I'll be visiting the orthopaedic institute again tomorrow to get a cast put on her arm.
By the time these three get grown, they will have been able to build a new wing from the times they have had to have bones casted. YIKES!!
That's what I get for thinking I was gonna have some peace.

I hope you all have a wonderful and a blessed week. Love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

When we lived in town there was absolutely no way I wanted to mow. Now that we live in the country and I can mow in large squares and rectangles, I don't mind it a bit.

I'll be that scream of pain did catch you off guard. I can see why you reacted the way you did.

CaraBee said...

I actually kind of enjoy mowing, too. Its sort of meditative. Don't tell my husband, though, that's his only real household chore. So I'm leaving it to him for the most part.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's wrist! As crazy as my daughter is, I'm certain she's going to break a bone before she makes it to adulthood.