Friday, March 27, 2009

My laid-back plans for this weekend........

I have had a day to myself. And I have been planning like mad. My DH is at work tonight and there is no set bedtime because it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!

So, my three cuddly wuddly kids (they'd freak out if they saw this) are going to watch movies tonight. I went to the video store and rented Fireproof. My 11 year old wants to see this sooooooo bad. I rented the Incredible Hulk. My 13 year old wants to see this one (and so do I, if truth be told). And then we'll watch Bolt with the 7 year old.

We'll have whatever we want for supper tonight (on paper plates, of course) and eat popcorn and lay on the floor and use each other for pillows and laugh and tumble and have a great time.

That's the plan, anyway. I hope you all have a great weekend. Blessings.

9 comments:

Shanda said...

Sounds like a fun time!! Enjoy those "cuddly wuddly" kids before they are no longer "cuddly wuddly!"

Southern Rose said...

I love nights like that...when nothing matters and you can do what you want. Enjoy!!

Melissa said...

Have fun. I'm not sure what movie we will be watching tonight, but Friday night is pizza and movie night. We watched The Velveteen Rabbit last week. The kids enjoyed it and I fell asleep.....good times.

Lelia Chealey said...

Sounds like fun!! I need to do this as soon as we fix our DVD! :)
So glad you are joining the YES to GOD study. I love how God just brings us all together...separately. :)

Shannon said...

Have a great night!


Its been awhile since my girls & I have had a night like this... where my hubby is out of town, and they can huddle in the bed with me, watching TV, staying up later...

c said...

FUN!!! You're a great mom :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

The Rambler said...

Me and the kid are gonna watch Bolt tomorrow. :)

Thanks so much for visiting me on my SITS day!!

deb@virginia blue said...

What a fun Friday night!

Whenever my hubs has to go out of town for work, the kids and I ALWAYS have a DVD and Pizza night...we watch hour after hour of THE OFFICE (it used to be movies when they were younger) or whatever else we're into at the time, and just chill and have fun. We've done this ever since they were really little, and it's something they STILL get excited about (at 18, 14, and 13).

Pam said...

Visiting from SITS! Love your blog! Hope you had a great night with your kids. Btw, I love books and purple, too!