Saturday, July 4, 2009



Happy 4th of July.....America.....




I hope everyone has a safe and fun-filled 4th of July and all the activities that go with it. My DH is working today, so my family decided to wait until tomorrow night for the cookout. Isn't that sweet of us? We want him with us to celebrate....my SIL and BIL are talking about going to a small town near us to watch a parade and fireworks. Since I don't like to be hot or to sweat, I have opted to stay at home and watch the Firecracker 400 on television. And I can see some awesome fireworks on the telly also. I realize it is not the same.....no bug bites, not sweating through my clothes, feeling icky because I'm so hot, but I guess it's a sacrifice I'll have to make. They did offer to take my kids with them.....are they angels or what????? A few hours to myself? I can dig that, I can totally dig that.




Let's not forget this day to remember those who are serving in our military branches. All of them. Let's remember that our freedom wasn't free.
Let's remember that only two people have offered to die for our freedom. One was Jesus and the other is the American soldier.
Enjoy your 4th celebrations..

No comments: