Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I weinied out and went ahead and took her to the doctor. Viral infection. Nothing can be done but let it runs its course. Apparently there is an epidemic of this in school age children. Okay, so now I know. She has to stay home until she has been fever free for 24 hours. So, no school again tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by with all the advice. I just needed some validation I guess.
I was hoping for a miracle cure at the pediatricians office and we would come home and look like the mother and daughter in this picture. NOT.
I called the school and got her work sent home yesterday, so at least she won't be too far behind when she goes back.
Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and advice yesterday. I really do appreciate the time you all took to send those messages.
And on to other topics. We are having a cantata at church for Christmas and it is beautiful, beautiful. I have never been part of a choral experience before and I love it. I also found out that I am going to be singing a solo on Sunday morning (in both services). Okay, I know that doesn't sound like it would be much of a problem for me, but let's face some facts.
1. I am a rather large individual and it makes me self conscious when people are looking at me.
2. I sweat like a .....hmmm...what's somebody that gets real nervous? Well, I just pour sweat when I'm nervous and I'm afraid that I may have persperation running down my face before the song is over.
3. This is a big crowd. I know, in my heart, that I'm singing for the glorification of Jesus, but my human side just nearly freaks out.
4. I love to sing and I hope that Jesus will be glorified and that no one will laugh.
5. Oh, did I mention this is my first time in front of this big a group?
There, my insecurities laid bare for all the world to see.
I know some of you gals are singers and speakers and such, how do you all handle these situations?