Friday, November 19, 2010

I am putting this out there, hoping that somewhere, in this great big blog world, there are others who feel the echo of what I'm about to confess.
I am going to preface this confession with the statement that I love my family. I would not trade them for anything. ANYTHING!!!!
But today, I feel resentful towards them all. I resent cleaning this house till my body and my brain hurt and then they carelessly tromp dirt all over the carpet that was just vacuumed. I resent the coffee spilled on the floor that it took me an hour to mop. I resent the pile of clean clothes that I just finished washing and folding being thrown in the floor rather than put away. I resent the dishes and plates carelessly left wherever they happened to finish eating off of them.
I think what I resent the most however, is their abililty to completely, totally not care what they live in. They are perfectly content to live in the squalor of their own making.
NO one would ever accuse me of being a nice-nasty kind of person. I can live with a certain amount of things on counter tops and even on the floor. But I am finding it harder and harder not to resent that they can pour Kool-aid and be perfectly content to leave that red ring on my countertop(which I might add is almost impossible to get off); harder not to resent that they can walk past dirty socks on the floor and never even think about picking them up.
Harder still for me is the disrespect the teenagers dish out. Mom is the one who makes sure that they have food and clean clothes and get to guitar, piano, or sports. The dentist, their doctors, and anywhere else in between that they want to go. And for all that, the sassy mouth and glares when they are asked to complete their simple chore list, it just astounds me.
I love my family, and I would not trade them for anything, but today, I'm very frustrated with them.
Thanks for listening bloggy pals. Let me know if I'm alone in this.

3 comments:

that TOPS lady said...

oh honey, I understand! Many times I have thought "If I weren't here, you'd realize what all I do for you". I have those kool aid rings all over my countertops. I say the same things over and over and my words seem to fall on deaf ears. you aren't the only one! Somehow, our families DO love us and appreciate us.........they just forget to show it, I think.

Oklahoma Granny said...

I know exactly how hard it can be sometimes and I know it's not much help for me to say, "These things will pass" but they do. As a granny I know sit back and watch my kids going through the same things with their kids. Occasionally when they complain to me I just smile and say, "What goes around, comes around and your time has come."

Shelley said...

Thanks ladies. Through my broken heart and my tears, I thank you for letting me know that I am not alone. Your sweet comments and words of encouragement mean the world to me. :)