Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Okay, it is just about 1 am here....why am I up on the computer and not sleeping in my bed.....well, I'm actually on my laptop. And the weather is not so good here right now.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good storm. How the skies darken and the wind blows through the trees and the sweet, refreshing rain comes down. Love that part. Okay lightning, not so much. YIKES!!! We had a storm come through this evening around 7pm and had a huge lightning strike not more than 50 yds from our front door. Yep, that tree is a goner.
Now, another storm is rolling through and the thunder is rolling across the land here. And we just had another really close strike. I H A T E lightning.
So, now I have to turn off my little precious. My laptop that I got for Christmas. I must go to bed. I must go to sleep. I have to get up early in the morning. I must....
Okay, I talked myself into hiding my head under the pillow and calling it a night.
Later today, I'm gonna post about an award I "got". Bye for now.

3 comments:

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

I hope you, your family and your home survived the storms without a scratch. I love storms, too, but I hate lightening just like you do. We have been pretty fortunate this year to have a good bit of rain but not a lot of bad storms. I hope it stays that way.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

Melissa said...

I am hoping for a laptop next year. We were going to get one with our tax return, but Disney won out.
Our home computer has been struck by lightning several times and even with the surge protector it's still slower and very annoying.....grrr....

Mississippi Songbird said...

Lightning hit the big pine tree in our yeard a few weeksn ago. It scared my son and neighbors so much. They had just come in from being outside around that tree.. YIKES!