Friday, February 6, 2009

What is the dumbest thing you've ever done?

Let me tell you about this new product I found. (It's what I get for looking at those magazines for every company under the sun).

The ad for it was breathtaking.....could it really be possible....no more shaving with nicks and cuts and sloppy nasty shaving cream.....could I have smooth, silky legs? Finally, I had found the product of my dreams.

I went on line and ordered not one, but four of these fabulous, miracle working soft as velvet hair removal mittens. Where I could remove all unwanted nannygoat facial hair and leg hair with just the smallest effort and I would have silky smooth results with no pain whatsoever AND the hair would be slow to grow back.

Okay, after three weeks of waiting with bated breath, my supply arrives via the USPS (may God bless their ever price increasing hearts). I ripped into the plastic and pulled one of my new miraculous hair removers out of the package. I giggled. I actually giggled in anticipation of having a hair free upper lip and chin. I was so excited I almost peed my pants.

Then I rubbed it ever so gently on my lower leg in a circular motion and VIOLA! I was hair free in a small area and it was so smooth. It kind of looked like I had the ash really badly, but hey, there was no pain and I was loving it.

So I took another one out of the package to use on my chin and upper lip. Cause I can't be getting no leg hair cooties on my face, you see.

I rubbed on my upper lip ever so gently and HOLY MOTHER OF .......... The reason that the facial hair doesn't grow back for a long time, is because there is no skin left. I was in such pain that I felt like kicking the door post barefooted just to take my mind off my face. What a load of crap.
I looked at the inside of this thing and it was a fine, super fine sand paper. I was sand papering my face. Geesh!!!

So, moral of the story. My face is just gonna have to be hairy, but my legs will look fine.

I hope y'all have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Julie said...

You had me giggling, girl! I remember getting something like that a long time ago, except the thing I got didn't do jack. It was like picking up a tiny little furry kitten and rubbing my stupid hairy chin with it...ah heck, now I'm about to pee on myself.

mommy4life said...

Good to know. I had been eyeing those too and wondering....

I'm glad you had the courage to try it first, you saved the hairs on my chinny-chin-chin!

Becky said...

I have been wanting those! I see the commercial and I want I want!! So they DO work on they legs???? I must try now!

Carrie said...

HAHAHAHA

Remember the Epilady? I had a friend who bought one when we were in high school and that thing hurt like a beee-yotch!

It really works on your legs? You'll have to report further!

TuTu's Bliss said...

LOL so the smooth furr free quest continues!

Jen said...

I am so sorry for your pain but this is just too funny and a good lesson. Thanks.

Denyse said...

Oh my word! That made me laugh!
Thanks so much for visiting me on my SITS day!
I love your blog...I WILL be back =)

Bethany said...

Youch! I've heard ads about those things but I think I'll keep my legs skin-intact ;)

Melissa said...

My solution is to just shave my legs twice a year. I can get away with it because I have light hair, but if the sun hits right, well, let's just say, it's not pretty. I usually remedy that by wearing jeans.

B said...

Sandpapering your face. Yah, I can think of more pleasant things than that. But really, you're not alone. With your question, "What is the dumbest thing you've ever done?" I have way, way too many answers.