Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Okay, today's topic is: Do you find it harder to exercise or eat healthy?

Hmm...let's see. Considering that my eating habits are probably the worse in America, I'd say that would be it, HOWEVER.....(and this is my excuse people and I'm sticking with it) I know that I need to try to exercise, problem is, after about a minute, I'm so fricking exhausted that I cannot go on. Due to the RA in my lower spine, it is hard for me to stand for long periods of time, thus not aerobics or whatever. (What? Oh yeah, I guess I could do a stationary bicycle). Due to medications that I take, I cannot be exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time (who was that calling me an albino?). Yes, excuses all.

I have begun to make better food choices. More leafy greens instead of rustling potato chips sacks. Trying to cut way back on the red meat that my family consumes. And I drink enough water every day. I can actually tell if I don't get enough water every day.

So, having said all that, I'm gonna go with exercise. Cause typing does not burn all that many calories. If it did, I would be the super model of the bunch cause I spend a lot of time doing exactly that.

This is Table Topic Thursday and if you want to play, please link up with Shannon over at Shannon's Nut House. You'll get a big kick out of her post, I promise.

12 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

You got it girl.....I burn up all sorts of calories running back and forth to the computer...that does count, right?????

Oklahoma Granny said...

I find it much harder to exercise. It just seems like I don't have the time. I know what you're thinking - if I'd spend less time at the computer I could probably find the time.

Rebecca Jo said...

For me - its harder to eat well.. I can exercise every day - love it actually - but food is my downfall... sweet, salty, fatty... mmmmmm... yummy

Anonymous said...

http://lumerkoz.edu I bookmarked this site., [url="http://soundcloud.com/furosemide"]furosemide side effects[/url] onyour agech [url="http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Nolvadex.aspx"]nolvadex[/url] thedesired tyalgum [url="http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Lipitor.aspx"]lipitor side effects[/url] rorke jowness [url="http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Levaquin.aspx"]levaquin side effects[/url] idealism justine [url="http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Lexapro.aspx"]lexapro side effects[/url] estados contenidos

Shannon said...

Oh, YES... if only typing (and blogging, tweeting, etc) could be considered as "exercise"! HA!

Fiona said...

If exercise is so good for losing weight, why aren't my fingers super-skinny from all the typing? LOL

Anonymous said...

I just started execising and am trying to stop eating all the good stuff. I admit, I am exhausted after the work out but I feel better in the long run. I keep encouraging my mom and aunts to do at least water aerobics or light weights to maintain their mobility. Believe me, as the mother of 5 sons, I want to take care of my life for as long as I can - LOL

extreme personal measures said...

Hi SITSah!
I am following from SITS to see how many SITSahs I can support today.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I find it hard when I haven't been doing it for a while - basically I find it hardest to start eating cleaner and exercising again. But once I pass the first 3 weeks, it gets easier.

Anonymous said...

Morning, SITSta!
I'm on my program!

Angela said...

For me it is both. With exercise I am getting better at quitting with all the excuses I was making. I am having to find the time from other things (like blogging lol!) but I am determined. Then with food I do okay until I eat (as I have this week) whole bags of chocolate eggs! I am blaming stress lol! But yeah it is a daily struggle right now for me! Congrats on the healthier food choices and keep it up!

Ginny Marie said...

Oh, that's a great question! I guess I'd have to say exercise is harder for me, since I make everything else (such as emptying the dishwasher!) more of a priority.

Thanks for stopping by Lemon Drop Pie!