Friday, December 4, 2009

They say that the quickest way to find something that you have lost is to buy a new one.
Today, I am going to put this idiom to the test. Last week, I went to Office max and purchased a black ink cartridge and a red ink cartridge for the office where I work at. I was proud of myself for even remembering to do so. I have now been looking for these ink cartridges for four of the last five days. Guess what? Can't find them. Anywhere. And I cannot be reimbursed for their costliness without the receipts that were.....guess where....in the bag with the ink cartridges. I remember thinking about putting them in the car. That way, when I went to the office, they would be right there for me to take into the office. Here's the kicker, did I actually put them in the car and the kids threw them out thinking they were trash? Or did I just think about putting them in the car? I don't know!!!!
I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT, when I do something like this. So this morning, I am off to Office Max to re-purchase ink cartridges. Guess why? My MIL needed to print something at the office last night and what should happen? They ran out of ink. So now it looks like I didn't even buy them in the first place. I DID buy them.
As a matter of fact, I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they have copies of the receipts where I did actually make these purchases. YAY!!!! I'm not insane, well, okay...watch it there.
Anyone ever do this? Help a sista out here and tell me your story.
Ya'll have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All i can say is when you loose something... look on the counter.