Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Thursday all you bloggers. I hope this week has been filled with joy and laughter.

I have been thinking......(yeah, you thought you smelled something burning, didn't you?) I have a plastic bin, one of those big ole 95 gallon suckers, and it is plumb full of pictures.
What kind of pictures? Well, from the time DH and I got married nearly 16 years ago, that's where I have dumped all my pictures. Now, I'm regretting not taking the time to put them in some kind of order, or to have at least written on the back of each one of them. Does anyone have any suggestions?
And let's face it, it seems insurmountable and overwhelming to me. And when that happens, you guessed it, I just walk away and pretend that it is not looming back there in the back of my closet.
I read all about you all scrapbooking each day of your children's lives and I am riddled with guilt. I don't have one single album with family pictures or anything. They are all dumped in that massive box. I really want my children (now ages 14, 13, and 8) to have some semblance of an ordered remembrance of their growing up years, but I'M SCARED........I AM A CHICKEN.....the thought of going back 14 years for the kids and nearly 16 for my marriage just SCARES THE CR** out of me.
So any of you wonderful ladies have any suggestions for me? Did anyone else do this too?
Thanks my blogger buddies.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Just take it one. picture. at. a. time. Don't look at the whole bin. Just open it and take small bites. That's the only way I can keep from getting overwhelmed.

Unknown said...

Bring them out and sit with the kids over a pizza, let them help sort them into separate bins for each of them. You'll get good memories and build a new one too!

Oklahoma Granny said...

My suggestion would be just like Melissa's. Add to that - whenever new photos are taken, identify them immediately by date and who is in them. It will only take a few minutes and you won't have regrets later down the line. Good luck!